Right now my main thing is being Head of Research at Longview Media. I’m also a Research Scholar and assistant to Toby Ord at Oxford University’s Future of Humanity Institute.
I’m interested in effective altruism, longtermism, and existential risk. I write about this kind of thing on my writing page.
- I co-host a podcast called Hear This Idea, which showcases new thinking in philosophy, economics, and effective altruism.
- I’m thinking about some EA project ideas I’d like to help make happen.
- I’m a mentor and panelist for the Effective Ideas blog prize
- I researched space governance as an EA cause area (and now advise a couple groups which were since established)
- I worked on a policy brief about a UN Declaration on Future Generations
- I helped set up a contest to support EA criticism
Before this, I interned with Charity Entrepreneurship, and helped Liv Boeree make videos. Before that, I did philosophy at Cambridge.
In my free time I read, tweet, listen to music, and play chess badly.
You can also find me on Twitter, Goodreads, GitHub, Spotify, and rateyourmusic.
I also live on the Longview website, the FHI website, and the Oxford Faculty of Philosophy website.
The best way to get in touch is to email me at moc.esuohroomnullnif@olleh. You’ll need to type that out manually (it helps prevent spam).
Please give me anonymous feedback about anything at all.
What do I look like?
Here are some photos of me.