Currently I’m a researcher at Longview Philanthropy. Before that, I was a Research Scholar and assistant to Toby Ord at Oxford University’s Future of Humanity Institute.
I’m interested in effective altruism, existential risk, and ways to improve the (longterm) future. I write about this kind of thing on my writing page.
- I co-host a podcast called Hear This Idea, about about ideas for solving important problems, and the people working on them
- I’m a fellow on this ‘Roots of Progress’ writing fellowship
- I continue to informally work with (and learn from) Toby Ord
- I’m thinking about some EA project ideas I’d like to help make happen
- I researched space governance as an EA cause area (and now advise a couple groups which were since established)
- I worked on a policy brief about a UN Declaration on Future Generations
- I helped set up a contest to support EA criticism
Before this, I interned with Charity Entrepreneurship, and helped Liv Boeree make videos. Before that, I did philosophy at Cambridge.
In my free time I read, tweet, listen to music, practise BJJ, and play chess badly.
You can also find me on Twitter, Goodreads, GitHub, Spotify, and rateyourmusic. I also live on the Longview website.
The best way to get in touch is to email me at moc.esuohroomnullnif@olleh. You won’t be able to copy-paste that (sorry, helps prevent spam).
Please give me anonymous feedback about anything at all.
What do I look like?
Here are some photos of me.